Đường Xylitol cho con - gọi 0904189797

Biết đối phó với trẻ - Pick your battle wisely

How often does your child say to you, "Mommy, can I have this", or "Daddy, can I do this"? I know around my house it happens all the time. Kids are always asking for things or asking to do things.

The sad truth is that parents can be lazy. Sometimes we will say "no" to our kids because we just don't feel like getting up off our lazy bums. What I want to encourage you to start doing (today) is to pause and listen to what your child is asking you before you say "no". Stop and think about whether or not you are being lazy.

Sometimes we say no because we are being physically lazy. For example we night not want to get off the couch to play. Other times we are being emotionally lazy. What I mean by this is that sometimes you'll say "no" because you haven't put enough thought into how to satisfy your needs and your child's needs at the same time. A little "out of the box thinking" is all that is required to change this.

Of course there will be plenty of times when you need to say "no" and mean it. But what I can tell you with certainty is that you'd like to reduce those times as much as possible because if you say "no" too often, it becomes a pattern, and your kids learn to expect you to say no. Then they stop listening. That is not a good result.

In my audio course I reveal a bunch of examples of how you can think outside of the box, and I teach you a new way to think about any "problem" before you respond negatively to your child. This is NOT about letting your child push you around. It's about avoiding fights when you can solve a problem using creative thinking. It just plain works.

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails